Sunday, October 4, 2009

Post #3

Although I have never gotten any real job, but I did work as a volunteer in my high school to take care of the kids in kindergarten, in that place we have to be really careful about the language we are using, because what we said might affect the little kids. And I don’t really consider that as a job because my job was to play with them and I enjoyed it a lot, so I think I would relate myself to Monica in the story Housework.

I’m lucky that my parents were able to pay for me and my brothers tuition. However I’d like to get a job as soon as possible so I don’t have to let my parents worry about my school. But I do think that language, work and class are somehow related. I grew up in a family that my parents are teachers, so the language they use are polite and not casual, their job is to educate people sos they have a image to keep for themself. Therefore that effected my behavior a lot, I think if my parents were not teachers I would be using another kind of language. I have seen my friends who their parents are working at a different position and the kids talked differently.

When I was reading the Housework I was shocked about the action of Willy and his Wife where they used a knitting needle to abort Martha baby. And the fact that they were not able to afford the 3 kid so Willy decided to kill it. And it all seems normal to the Willy and Martha during that time, these actions and their calm reaction really shocked me because I would never done or think someone will do such thing and has not much feeling about it; it went against everything I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment