Sunday, December 13, 2009

blog 10

For one I was slightly confused for most of the book. Second I really felt for Tommy with as much as he was picked on really got me feeling sorry for him. I guess in a sense I emphasized with him much like Calvin in the "Wrinkle in Time". He was good at everything but still felt like an outcast. The difference is that he was taken in by pity from Kathy. She was more concerned about how much he loved his shirt rather than the way the kids treated him. I guess what I am trying to get at is the whole target audience is what is really getting to me. I haven't figured all out yet but I think Ishiguro is wanting us to revisit our past and why that is I am not sure yet. Also why would Tommy be so worried about his shirt than what the other kids are doing to him? It confuses me so much in that why would both of them be concerned about his shirt getting dirty?

No comments:

Post a Comment