Sunday, December 13, 2009

numero 1o

- Actually, I am still really thinking hard about what I brought up at the end of class on Wednesday.. about how much it seems like we (humans, right now, in today's time) are so very similar to the students of Hailsham (from the story). It seems as though their point in the world is: try and live it to the happiest they can and then they die.. what is our point in the world? For me, it is trying to live my life as best and happiest as is possible for me, and then eventually die (to put it blantently). It is so strange how so many different characters from the stories we read, who seem like they are from different worlds and completely insane in the way they do things, is so uncanningly similar to us. Especially in this story.. these "donors" or students from Hailsham are going through their cases of friendships, enemies, cliques, boy and girl troubles, teachers, etc... everything that we did and are still going through!! I just want to go over this subject in class next week to see how everyone else feels about this theory//statement I am making. I think some certain points that we did not reach in class last week, that maybe we should next week, is talking about ALL the books we have read through out this semester in the ways in which they are similar and different. It would be nice to reflect on the class as a whole and see where everyone stands at then end :(

No comments:

Post a Comment