Saturday, December 19, 2009

Support Dance!

1) I've been cast in a piece for the U of M dance faculty and student show this Spring! This show consists of 2 faculty pieces: an Afro-Brazilian piece and a modern piece. The rest of the show will be works created by students for the American College Dance Festival Association through a sort of composition/audition process. I'm in the modern piece. Rehearsals don't start until February, but I know it's about fevers...having one, taking care of someone who has one, etc. Anyway, the shows will be on Friday, March 5th at 6pm and 8pm. The show will be in either Rarig or the Barbara Barker Center for Dance (both West bank). You should come!

2) Pilobolus is coming to Northrop on February 12 and 13! And because you are U of M students your tickets are only $10! You know them. Here's a reminder!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elWf8nI6ivw

Or this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiX-DW8Qk4w

Also, I'm going to miss you guys :( If you want to keep in touch you should find me on facebook :) Merry Christmas!

Anneva

3 comments:

  1. Good luck! That's amazing--hopefully I can make it over to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So here is my official last act for RRT&F, but I want to attach it to Anneva's posting because I am a huge supporter of the Arts.

    All of you:

    Don't work in cubicles if your heart says no; do not be afraid to move outside of what feels normal or comfortable, normal is a trap; do not ever be afraid to speak your minds, follow your gut, admit you were wrong, or stand your ground; each of you revealed something personal by way of this blog, each of you risked something on a personal level in our class - each of you (I am sure of this)were outside of your comfort zones at one point during our class. We have Ben to thank for this in many ways - he led us to the water ... but we drank it down bravely and we took something away that was invaluable and irreplaceable.

    Look what happened! We met unusual people under unusual circumstances, we made human connections with each other, we looked like fools at various times and for various reasons - and the sky did not fall, no damage was done. We are all so used to living risk-free lives - it is bullshit! I'm not recommending you take some of the risks that I took in life, but I have learned not to regret.

    Buy my book if you ever see one for sale (presumably after I write one), if I have any balls at all (sorry ladies - that was sexist), the story will be about taking a lot of risks - some of which brought me back to school with all of you. How could I regret that? GO and LIVE!!! It goes WAY faster than you think it does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going to have to copy/paste. Scroll down. Organ donation ads!

    http://streetanatomy.com/page/4/

    And P.S. This is my favorite blog ever! Be nice to it.

    P.P.S. I'm not ready to let this blog be inactive...

    ReplyDelete