Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Guardians

After doing the interpretation presentation the role of the guardians stood out to me. I wondered why anyone would choose to be a guardian. What motivates the guardians to be a part of Hailsham. Do they believe in this mission? They must believe in it if they spend so much time there. I was also interested in how money affects this society. The students were able to buy things once they were living in the cottage, so they must have had some money. I also wondered how much the guardians were paid or if they were paid at all. They lived at Hailsham and were responsible for all these students. I wonder if they were heavily compensated for taking care of future donors.

Another topic I would like to discuss is the cover of the book. On my book cover there is a picture of a girl with blonde hair and blue eyes. There is no descriptions of anyone not physically so why this picture. Why did the publishers of this book think this was a good book cover?

No comments:

Post a Comment