Sunday, December 27, 2009

Who's seen the movie Avatar... and who should?

Ok, I'm in Germany right now and this morning went out to see the movie Avatar. The scenery is pretty amazing and the film itself is simply beautiful. The plot line however (at least in my opinion) was heavily packed with social commentary. If any of you have seen it and want to share their ideas I would appreciate that. A lot of the things I noticed reminded me of "Season of Migration to the North"
The characters all seemed overly simple, but maybe I was expecting too much. So go out and see it, then share your thoughts.

3 comments:

  1. Heh. Interesting. Maybe I'll have to see it now, despite my general aversion to James Cameron...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was a really cool movie. I had my doubts going into it but I actually did like it. Great connection between Migration... Clearly Cameron was making a statement about how the US and other industrial nations treat the rest of the world. It is hard to watch this movie and not think about how the industrialized world has treated Africa.

    PS: I love that the blog is still getting used!

    ReplyDelete