Thursday, December 17, 2009

last and final post

Jamie,
Throughout the duration of this course there were many times when I found myself struck by your comments. This is completely in a good way. I would really like to acknowledge your comments and ideas and questions that you brought up in class. What was amazing to me during the classes is that although you did not say much, when you did you made some of the most interesting points and came up with some of the best questions. I would have to say that you were the one that got me thinking more creatively not only in class but outside of class as well.
Unfortunately, I wish I could have remembered what you said during discussions that made me think so deeply about some of the readings and ideas, I should have written them down because I felt as though I was thinking the same way as you I just did not know how to put it in words. I really liked the comments that you made during our debate about whether or not it can be possible to be a good person and still live in a capitalistic environment. Unfortunately, I wish I could have been on the side that supported this thought, but I remember when you spoke it made the most sense to me than hearing what everyone else was saying. You made very good arguments in The Good Person of Szechwan about the old couple being good people and being able to survive in the village. I enjoy the comments about the old couple helping Shen Teh with the money as well as being very honest about the piece of clothing that Shen Teh tried on.
It seemed to me throughout the entire length of the class that you are a deep silent thinker. You did not say much during class but when you did say something it was very deep and very important and I certainly listened. To be honest, I wish you would have said much more during the discussions (coming from a person who didn't talk at all) because I was always waiting to hear what you had to say and when you raised your hand I knew you were about to give us another interesting discussion to talk about.
What I will take away from this class is your interesting comments and the way you got me to think more clearly. When you spoke or answered a question that I wanted answered, you made me understand in not only a way for me to completely comprehend, but made me think about it more deeply and in many different ways. Not only in the classroom did I start thinking more clearly about subjects, but outside I also started thinking differently about situations. I really enjoyed being in this class (more of an observer) and sharing the different and creative information that I will take with me every time I begin to read a book or someone asks me how to translate a piece of text, which I believe I have gotten much better at executing. Thanks for your insights and great experiences I have gotten to go along with.

1 comment:

  1. i found myself agree with you a lot throughout your letter. i regret that i didn't take any notes while Jamie was talking, but i do know her points were really outstanding, and sometimes got me think alot for a while. it seems like when she is talking, everyone would listen really carefully. i also remember while we were debating about the book about the good person, when our team was about to lose, she made a fantastic counter argument and we successfully make the other team speechless for a while.
    im also a person who does not talk a lot in class, i learn from listening others. i think that Jason is one of those deep thinkers too.

    ReplyDelete