Monday, December 14, 2009

Blog 10

So far, I think this is my favorite book that we have read so far. Maybe it's because of how the language moves in the book or the involvement of a scientific inquiry, I dont know. (Sorry Ben, but I honestly don't know what it is about it that I like so much) Our discussion last week was extremely interesting and it brought up so many ideas that didn't cross my mind while I was reading. Towards the end of class we were discussing which one of our groups was more necessary towards technilogical progress and this just furthered my inquiry as to why there is no technology in the book. The only thing I can remember is the walkman being introduced and groups of children sitting around in a cirlce passing it along like its a joint. Cloning is such a technological advancement and it just seems so weird to me that it almost doesn't exist in the book. It's almost frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment